Manufacturing Labour Market Information event - 29th June 2016
Over 30 careers professionals providing advice and guidance to young people across Hull and East Riding gathered in Hull to hear from a companies in the Manufacturing Sector.
The day consisted of a range of presentations by experts from industry and education, followed by “meet the employees” speed networking session. There was also a hands on activity with time for networking built into the day.
The day provided attendees with
- an understanding of the sector
- detailed information on the different industries within the sector and the employability skills and qualifications the sector requires now and in the future
- an insight in to the routes to progression within the sector
- information on local job opportunities within this sector and entry routes into the industry and skills gaps the sector currently faces
- a broader understanding of the importance of this sector to the local economy
Jayne Northey –DWP said “I now feel more able to promote the industry and understand the diverse range of roles available”.
Thanks to RB, Cranswick Foods, William Jackson Food Group, Hull College, Hull Training and Ian Palmer
A film of the day is now avaiable on the Humber EBP YouTube channel. Check out the Ports and Logistics film from 5th May 2016
Work Experience Works!
Click here to read about how work experience has supported young people in the Humber
Download information about our work experience services here
Check out the LMI resources developed in partnership with the Humber Data Observatory
- an overview of employment sectors in the Humber
- information on the skills and qualifications that are needed
Not sure what Logistics is? Click here to see a range of videos to find out more
Careers & Enterprise Company
Working with the Humber LEP the Humber EBP is pleased to announce that they will be supporting the Enterprise Advisor Network project in the Humber.
The Humber EBP Enterprise Co-ordinator will work with Enterprise Advisers who are volunteers who will work directly with the leadership of individual schools and colleges. These volunteers, drawn from business and other employers, large and small, will help to develop effective employer engagement plans.
To find out more about the project click here or contact Kerrie Jaquest -